Reducing Acne Scar
- Acne Scar and Hyperpigmentation -
Reducing acne scar seem like double torture for you?
First, you had to deal with pesky pimples. And now, blotchy acne scars.
Hmmm.. why did you pop those zits in the first place?
So what can you do?
I will not deal much on how you acquired acne, because fading acne scars is your problem when you came here. But let me just tell you briefly how dark acne spots are formed, so you’ll understand your options on treatments for acne scars marks.
When skin pores are clogged with oil and dead skin cells, bacteria (known as Propionibacterium acnes) grows and cause pimples to appear. Your acne could have been mild (whiteheads and blackheads), moderately severe (inflamed pimples), or severe acne (painful, pus-filled cysts).
Acne scarring occurs on the moderately severe to severe types, if not treated early. Most of the time, these blotchy acne scars become unsightly dark spots on the face, after those reddish and brown spots heal.
And that’s what we’re going to suggest treatment here. Acne treatment of dark spots through skin lightening preparations.
It is discussed at the lower end of this page.
Reducing acne scar, or the more serious scarring, can be treated by other topical skin care products and medications (tretinoin, Alpha-Hydroxy Acids), laser resurfacing for acne scar, chemical peel for acne scar, dermabrasion, punch techniques, subcision, augmentation, saline injections and other skin resurfacing procedures.
Ok, back to acne scars and hyperpigmentation. You’re left with dark spots that are really embarrassing.
The dark pigment (not the red marks) produced due to acne scarring is melanin. These are really skin discolorations, medically termed as Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation or PIH, that can be treated and faded.
Remedies For Reducing Acne Scars
- Apply lemon juice on acne scars. The citric properties of lemon juice belongs to the Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) group. Capable of getting rid of dead skin cells, lemon juice can aid in the growth of new cells. However, lemon can dry skin fast and should be used with caution on sensitive skin. The acid can sting and give a burning sensation too. You will also need a richer moisturizer to combat the dryness.
- Apply aloe vera (gel or juice) to heal (and prevent) acne scars. Be careful when you choose your brand because most claim pure organic material. One good brand is Fruit of the Earth. If there's hyperpigmentation, aloe vera can take time to fade them.
- Rosehip seed oil is another option that can work for you. It can regenerate new skin and fade the skin discoloration caused by acne scarring. Take time to massage onto scars twice daily.
- Lavender oil is also used to promote new cell regeneration to improve acne scars. Gently massage onto affected area.
- Topical skin lightening creams give the fastest results, and can inhibit and get rid of the melanin content that causes the hyperpigmentation.
A word of caution.
If you still have those red healing acne marks, protect your skin from sun exposure by wearing a good sunscreen. Perpetuating sun damage can result to darker discolorations.
Even with homemade remedies, fading of acne scars can take time.
If you want to speed up the process, here's our recommended solution to exfoliate damaged cells and lighten the blotchy acne scars bringing back your healthy skin....
Don’t have time to buy and mix stuff? Need fast results?
Click here for a fast reducing acne scar solution.
Return from Reducing Acne Scar to Skin Whitening Product Home